History

For Online Shop Prices Click Here - XXXX Antique Complex              

Important Notice!

 

The Automobilia & Garagenalia Is Housed In Our Separate Working Musuem Section Of The XXXX Antique Complex And Has Been From The Beginning Of 2015.. This Section Only, Is Subject To A $5.00 Entry Charge Which Will Be Refundable On Any Purchase Of $5.00 And Over Through Out The Complex.

Our Provenance

Situated on the corner of the Pyrenees and Midland highways along the Castlemaine to Maldon Road, the historic Fitzgerald's Brewery Bond Store has recently found a new lease of life. After years as the home of Redfearn's Stonemasons, the old Bond Store now houses one of the largest collections of antiques and collectables in Central Victoria.

The original Castlemaine Brewery was founded in 1857 by two Irish brothers, Nicholas and Edward Fitzgerald. Although the brewery moved to Brisbane in 1887, the thirst for heritage and quality was never lost to Castlemaine. Although the Bond Store is all that is left of the great brewery buildings that once stood on this corner, the present owners, Peter and Sheila Landers, have restored the store in a manner that would make Nicholas and Edward swell with pride.

The buildings now form one of the largest independently owned antique complexes in Victoria, and the main show room is quite possibly houses the largest display of Antiques in Australia. It consists of the original Bond Store and cellar; a larger free standing showroom; and the old Carriers Arms Hotel. The old pub now includes 4 rooms of ornate antique furniture. The old cellars are now filled with some of the finest and rarest Antique Advertising collectables available. The main storeroom upstairs is filled with a massive number of classic pieces, pictures, glass, jewellery and collectables. The large showroom at the rear brims with a superb collection of quality 18th to 20th Century Australian and European antiques

Included among the stock is an incredible selection of rare and beautiful porcelain (18th to 20th Century), 1930's Depression glass, Victorian glass, sterling silver and jewellery. The main showroom has a broad range of furniture including dining tables and suites, early Victorian sideboards, cabinets, bookcases, chairs, hall stands and bedroom furniture. Here one can also find one of the finest selections of Victorian oil lamps, ranging from large banquet lamps to the original domestic kero lamps, available singly or in pairs. In addition there are clocks - from French clock sets to wall and grandfather clocks. Our Art Deco Statuary collection is one of the largest to be found in Australia.

There is also Automobilia ranging from pedal cars to workshop manuals, including enamel signs and petrol bowsers in the special Automobilia Garage. The outside garden area carries a huge range of Cast Iron outdoor furniture and accessories.

No matter what you want, you can find it here among the vastness and variety of the stock. There are hundreds of pub related collectables from which to choose, such as whisky jugs and figures, beer glasses, signs, ashtrays, trays and advertising signs. For the art collector, there is an interesting selection of paintings and prints.

The owners started business 40 years ago in Australia and then worked for 20 years as dealers in the United Kingdom, selling across the world. Most credit cards can be used; lay-by welcome; trade-ins can be arranged and trade buyers are welcome.

Peter & Sheila Landers
XXXX Antique Complex